Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vishal Santoshi <vi...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/06 12:08:05 UTC

Re: is there a config to ask taskmanager to keep retrying connect to jobmanager after Disassociated?

Hello Chesnay, I have used an HA setup without the masters file and have
seen failover happen based on alerts from a leader election routine.... Is
it actually required that there be a masters file when there is a central
arbiterer ZK  that has the alive JMs and a call back to force TMs to switch
to a new leader in case of failure...

Posted by Vishal Santoshi <vi...@gmail.com>.
Even though I must admit that the jobs restart but they do restart
successfully  with the new JM.....

Posted by Vishal Santoshi <vi...@gmail.com>.
Yep, pwrfect, that we do.  Can you confirm though that jobs will restart in
the case of a failover ? That is what we see and that is fine..

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.