Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2005/10/20 16:28:20 UTC

Jetspeed 2 on Geronimo

Has anyone integrated Jetspeed 2 with Geronimo?  I'm specifically
interested in the security integration.  For Geronimo SSO my
understanding is that the following steps are required:

1) Build a JAAS LoginModule which can talk with my custom user/role
store and link it into Geronimo as documented here
(http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Security)
2) Create a geronimo-web.xml within the J2 and portlet WARs to have it
use my realm

Will that effectively give me SSO across all my portlet wars?  How does
J2's security and SSO code fit into the picture?

mike

Re: Jetspeed 2 on Geronimo

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
David Jencks wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2005, at 7:28 AM, Mike Perham wrote:
>
>> Has anyone integrated Jetspeed 2 with Geronimo?
>

> If they have, the geronimo team would really like to hear about it.
> I've been hoping to find some time to work on this.... but not yet
> unfortunately.

me too. From our talk at the conference, we know what needs to be done.
Just a matter of scheduling it in.

I'm in the process of creating a list of tasks for the final release.
I will be send it to the jetspeed-dev list.
There will be a task 'Geronimo integration'
Should I pencil your name in...

Re: Jetspeed 2 on Geronimo

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Marky Goldstein wrote:
> I agree:
>
> Geronimo + Jetspeed is the Apache Operating System.
>
> Greets,
> Marky

I like the sound of that. Apache needs to get you in the marketing
department! (if they had one)

Re: Jetspeed 2 on Geronimo

Posted by Marky Goldstein <re...@rosa.com>.
I agree:

Geronimo + Jetspeed is the Apache Operating System.

Greets,
Marky
ยจ

Re: Jetspeed 2 on Geronimo