Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Sudheesh Katkam <su...@apache.org> on 2016/11/29 23:52:54 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Drill 1.9.0 Released

On behalf of the Apache Drill community, I am happy to announce the release
of Apache Drill 1.9.0.

For information about Apache Drill, and to get involved, visit the project
website:

https://drill.apache.org/

This release introduces new features and enhancements, including
asynchronous Parquet reader, Parquet filter pushdown, dynamic UDF support
and HTTPD format plugin. In all, 70 issues have been resolved.

The binary and source artifacts are available here:

https://drill.apache.org/download/

Review the release notes for a complete list of fixes and enhancements:

https://drill.apache.org/docs/apache-drill-1-9-0-release-notes/

Thanks to everyone in the community who contributed to this release!

- Sudheesh

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Drill 1.9.0 Released

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@mapr.com>.
Congrats all!

I'd like to mention that the 1.9.0 release also includes the MapR format
plugin, to read MapR-DB Binary and JSON Tables.

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
Sudheesh,

I guess the following Jiras has been included in Improvement list by
mistake, they are not in 1.9 scope:
[DRILL-4309] - Make this option
store.hive.optimize_scan_with_native_readers=true default
[DRILL-4864] - Add ANSI format for date/time functions
[DRILL-4865] - Add ANSI format for date/time functions

I guess the confusion was that they had Fix Version indicated as 1.9, it
was intended version, in reality they are still in progress / under review.
I have updated their Fix version to Future to avoid the confusion. Could
you please exclude these three Jiras from Improvement list?

Kind regards
Arina

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <su...@apache.org>.
Thank you for the information, Sebastian.

This maybe our first time posting to the announce list. I posted on the
list to provide more visibility about the release, but I used the previous
announcement template.

I will add a note about the brief details to our release process
instructions.

- Sudheesh

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@mapr.com>.