Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com> on 2003/12/01 16:10:13 UTC

Different hostname for a TAB

DISCLAIMER: I hope I'm using the correct terminology.

I want to have the tabs at the top of my Forrest web site to go to
different hostnames. They will all be based off of Forrest, although
they may have different "colors" based on which "tab" is selected.

The tabs will lolok like this (best viewed w/ monospace-font):
  ________ ________ _______
| Medata | Upload | Store |
           ================================

When "Medata" is selected (as above) the browser will be surfing
<http://www.medata.com/>. When "Upload" is selected (as below), the
browser will be surfing <https://upload.medata.com/>, and the tabs will
look like something this:

  ________ ________ _______
| Medata | Upload | Store |
==========        ========================

  When "Store" is selected (as below), the browser will be surfing
<https://stote.medata.com/>, and the tabs will look like something
this:

  ________ ________ _______
| Medata | Upload | Store |
===================       ================

Is this currently possible with Forrest? Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks!
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com
Web Developer - Medata, Inc. - <http://www.medata.com/>

Re: Different hostname for a TAB

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Thanks Ross, i added your patch.
--David

Re: Different hostname for a TAB

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@wkwyw.net>.
Clay Leeds wrote:
> Thanks for the very quick response, Ross!

Thanks, it's always a pleasure to be able to help on a list for a
project I have been using for quite some time.

> I was surprised when I didn't
> see any mention of different hostnames in the Forrest docs.

You are right it isn't documented in the docs. However, it is in the
tabs.xml comments. I've added a patch for the docs at
http://issues.cocoondev.orghttp://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-92
another way I can easily help ;-)

Ross

Re: Different hostname for a TAB

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.

Re: Different hostname for a TAB

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@wkwyw.net>.

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>

>>  When "Store" is selected (as below), the browser will be surfing
>> <https://stote.medata.com/>, and the tabs will look like something this:
>>
>>  ________ ________ _______
>> | Medata | Upload | Store |
>>
>> Is this currently possible with Forrest? Any ideas are appreciated.
>> Thanks!
>

> use href attribute instead of dir:
>
> <store label="Store" href="https://stote.medata.com/"/>

sorry, should be: