Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Lluis Martinez <ll...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/01 23:50:56 UTC

Introduction

Hi devs

My name is Lluis, I recently started the Coursera Hadoop course and thought
it would be a good idea to collaborate and see the inner workings of this
platform.
I've been doing Java development the last 10 years, I consider myself a
backend more than frontend guy. I'm familiar with JIRA, Maven, Git and
Eclipse.
Doubt: when reading the documentationI've seen no mention of GitHub and
pull requests. Is it ok to fork the repository and issue pull requests?

Best regards

Re: Introduction

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Luis,

Welcome to Hadoop. We have a very nascent process for forking and for pull requests using Github. It is still evolving and the process is slightly different from standard github flow.

The easiest way to contribute your work is to follow the process outlined in this document.

https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute

If you really like to contribute using Github flow, here is the process.

https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/GithubIntegration

Thanks
Anu