Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Om <om...@effigent.net> on 2006/10/24 13:05:20 UTC

[users@httpd] LDAP Authentication error

Hi,
I have installed apache 2.2.2 in my local machine.
I am using in built LDAP server on a MAC OS X server.
I want to provide access to few resources on the webserver
authenticated against LDAP.
mod_ldap and mod_authnz_ldap modules are enabled in apache.

Below is the Authorization code that i have included in Apache

<Directory "/opt/apache2.2.2/htdocs">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
AuthName "LDAP authentication required"
AuthType Basic
AuthLDAPURL ldap://192.168.1.3/cn=users,dc=neptune,dc=effigent,dc=net?
uid
require valid-user
</Directory>

When i open the site http://127.0.0.1 the Authentication window is
getting popped up.
But after passing username and password, the browser is showing
"INTERNAL SERVER ERROR"

The following the error_log file contents.

[Tue Oct 24 16:25:12 2006] [error] Internal error: pcfg_openfile()
called with NULL filename
[Tue Oct 24 16:25:12 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (9)Bad file
descriptor: Could not open password file: (null)

What could be the problem?
Is there anything wrong in the AuthLDAPURL?
please help me.

Thanks,
Om.

Re: [users@httpd] LDAP Authentication error

Posted by Om <om...@effigent.net>.
Thanks for the help.
My problem was solved, when i have added the directive
"AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off"
Now i am able to authenticate with LDAP.
Is it mandatory to add the "AuthBasicProvider ldap"

Thanks,
Om.

Posted by Kenneth Svee <k....@usit.uio.no>.
[ Om ]