Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/25 14:36:42 UTC

redirect page in the constructor

Hi,
After reviewing some discussion regarding the issue.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-696

and
http://www.mail-archive.com/wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg30288.html

What is the conclusion?
Is the original page being mapped or no?

thanks

--
Eyal Golan
egolan74@gmail.com

Visit: http://jvdrums.sourceforge.net/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/egolan74

P Save a tree. Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary

Re: redirect page in the constructor

Posted by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com>.
Igor,
Yes it does work

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> exceptions are for exceptional circumstances. i think redirecting to a
> different page from a constructor of another page is pretty
> exceptional...otherwise you wouldnt be in the constructor of the wrong
> page :)

+1.  Agreed.

Re: redirect page in the constructor

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Sounds a bit too confusing to me.  Seems overkill.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
does it work?

Posted by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com>.
OK.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
ROFLOL

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 11:59 PM, Matthijs Wensveen <m....@func.nl> wrote:
> System.exit(0);
>
> Igor Vaynberg wrote:
>>
>> if you can find another way to abort creation of a class instance in
>> java feel free to let us know.
>>
>> -igor
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:29 AM, Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Igor,
>>> That is what we used before.
>>> Then I looked on the links above, tried the setResponsePage and found out
>>> that it works.
>>> After your answer, I understand that it does pollute the page map.
>>>
>>> I'll change to use the Exception instead.
>>> IMHO it's not a "nice" way to implement such a feature.

>>> --
>>> Eyal Golan
>>> egolan74@gmail.com
>>>
>>> Visit: http://jvdrums.sourceforge.net/
>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/egolan74
>>>
>>> P Save a tree. Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really
>>> necessary

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released

Re: redirect page in the constructor

Posted by Matthijs Wensveen <m....@func.nl>.