Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by cxf-fan <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2012/10/10 11:40:21 UTC

Apache CXF chunk size

Hi,

Can someone tell me what's the equivalent in Apache CXF of
JAXWSProperties.HTTP_CLIENT_STREAMING_CHUNK_SIZE ?

Thanks

Re: Apache CXF chunk size

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Actually for the http conduit, the default chunk size is 8K, for the new async http conduit which is introduced by the new http-hc module, the default chunk size is 16k.
NOTE, the new http-hc module only exist in latest CXF 2.7.
I'm now working on to make both of them settable.
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: http://weibo.com/u/1473905042

Re: Apache CXF chunk size

Re: Apache CXF chunk size

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Sure, I'll also take care of it.

-------------
Freeman Fang

Re: Apache CXF chunk size

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Oct 10, 2012, at 9:50 PM, Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry I misunderstand your question.
>
> No, currently CXF just set -1 setChunkedStreamingMode(-1) to use HttpURLConnection default chunk size, generally 8K, users can't specify it.
>
> Anyway, I think we can make an improvement for this part, I'll create a jira to track it.

The new async HTTP transport uses a default of just shy of 16K.  Not settable right now though.  That would  need to be updated as well.

Dan

> -------------
> Freeman Fang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com/
> Twitter: freemanfang
> Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
> http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
> weibo: http://weibo.com/u/1473905042
>
> On 2012-10-10, at 下午9:41, cxf-fan wrote:
>
>> Hi Freeman,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>> I don't think it's the same variable because :
>>
>> *JAXWSProperties.HTTP_CLIENT_STREAMING_CHUNK_SIZE* :The number of bytes to
>> write in each chunk
>>
>> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/HttpURLConnection.html?is-external=true#setChunkedStreamingMode%28int%29
>>
>> while
>>
>> *httpClientPolicy.setChunkingThreshold* : Specifies the threshold at which
>> CXF will switch from non-chunking to chunking. By default, messages less
>> than 4K are buffered and sent non-chunked. Once this threshold is reached,
>> the message is chunked.
>>

>> http://cxf.apache.org/docs/client-http-transport-including-ssl-support.html
>>

>> --

Daniel Kulp