Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Glenn Golden <gg...@umich.edu> on 2002/06/06 21:50:22 UTC

Bug in jetspeed.vm?

The bottom part of jetspeed.vm is used to render BOTH the portlet set and
the portlet.  If there's one portlet on the page (pane), this part of
jetspeed.vm gets run twice.

This means that if, for example, you have borders, you get double borders -
one inner border that decends from the portlet title, wrapped around each
portlet, and an outer border around the whole group of portlet + title.

This is only true if there a single or group or portlets on the page.  If
the page (pane) uses a multi-column layout, there's just a single border
around each portlet, no outer border.

Do we want to consider this a bug?  i.e. it's a bug that there's the extra
border (and other formatting that goes with it) around the portlet set for
non-multi-col layouts?

If so, I'll fix it.

I'll give this a +1.

- Glenn

Re: Bug in jetspeed.vm?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Glenn,
A better solution it to remove use a skin without a border for the
portlet or portlet set.  I do not think their is a bug in jetspeed.vm

Paul Spencer

Re: Bug in jetspeed.vm?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Glenn,
A better solution is to use a skin that does not have a border for the
portlet or portlet set.  You may have to edit the PSML by hand.

This is not a bug in jetspeed.vm

Paul Spencer

Re: Bug in jetspeed.vm?

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

--- Glenn Golden <gg...@umich.edu> wrote:
> The bottom part of jetspeed.vm is used to render BOTH the portlet
> set and
> the portlet.  If there's one portlet on the page (pane), this part
> of
> jetspeed.vm gets run twice.
>
> This means that if, for example, you have borders, you get double
> borders -
> one inner border that decends from the portlet title, wrapped
> around each
> portlet, and an outer border around the whole group of portlet +
> title.
>
> This is only true if there a single or group or portlets on the
> page.  If
> the page (pane) uses a multi-column layout, there's just a single
> border
> around each portlet, no outer border.
>
> Do we want to consider this a bug?  i.e. it's a bug that there's
> the extra
> border (and other formatting that goes with it) around the portlet
> set for
> non-multi-col layouts?
>
> If so, I'll fix it.

Sounds good - but what is your fix?

A separate control for the portlet set?  Or to put logic in to
determine which case it is...

Chris

=====