Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Guillaume Evrard <gu...@insa-rouen.fr> on 2006/12/14 08:41:33 UTC

activemq and jaas

hello all!
could anyone help me in using jaas with activemq please? i'm not sure to
understand how to do this...
guillaume

Re: activemq and jaas

Posted by Abdul Alhazred <th...@tradedesksoftware.com>.
The way I did it (and there may well be other ways depending on what you want
to do...) is:

I created a class which implements javax.security.auth.spi.LoginModule. You
may be able to use an existing one if you
have one that does what you want. You'll probably also want to implement a
CallbackHandler which just returns
credentials. IIRC I found a pretty good starting point from some example
code by Paul Feuer and John Musser. Sorry I don't have the URL handy, but
I'm sure you can dig it up.

Then you'll need a login.conf, probably in $ACTIVEMQ_HOME/conf something
like:

ets-domain {
   com.tradedesksoftware.rdbmslogin.RdbmsLoginModule required debug="true"
url="jdbc:mysql://192.168.168.89:3306/etstesting?user=testuser&password=test"
driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver";
};

and then in activemq.xml:

	  <plugins>
		  <!-- Configure a JAAS authentication domain to control access to queues
and topics, see also login.conf -->
		  <jaasAuthenticationPlugin configuration="ets-domain" />
		  <authorizationPlugin>
			  <map>
				  <authorizationMap>
					  <authorizationEntries>
						  <authorizationEntry queue=">" read="administrator"
write="administrator" admin="administrator" />
						  <authorizationEntry topic=">" read="administrator"
write="administrator" admin="administrator" />
						  <authorizationEntry topic="ActiveMQ.Advisory.>" read="administrator"
write="administrator" admin="administrator" />
					  </authorizationEntries>
				  </authorizationMap>
			  </map>
		  </authorizationPlugin>
	  </plugins>

Naturally you'll have to create the configuration you need. This seemed to
work pretty well for us, we were able to auth
against a set of database tables using this technique.

Re: activemq and jaas

Posted by Ken Gallo <kg...@exist.com>.
Hi,