Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by mganesh <mg...@newgen.co.in> on 2003/04/18 07:36:07 UTC

Index Reader and Writer

  Hello all,
   My project is socket based application.Whenever I receive a request, i have to index the document send by the client using
   lucene.

  Algorithm
   1.create Index reader object
   2.delete the document if it is already indexed.
   3. close the  Index reader
   4. create Index writer object
   5. Add a document to writer object
   6. Optimise the index
   7.close the writer object

 I have to index around 1 lakh document.
 Here Im creating Reader and Writer object for every request.

 Whether If I create only one Reader and Writer Object and make it as static then the performance will increase??
 Whether the Index reader and writer object has any influence with the performance??

regards
ganesh