Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/07/23 20:52:24 UTC

[commons-vfs] JDBM provider

Hi,

Does anyone of a JDBM-based (http://jdbm.sourceforge.net/) VFS provider?

I was looking for a way to provide a portable filesystem that does
not incur any filename length problems, as is they case w/windows.
Seems like it might be possible to implement such a FS backed up by
JDBM (or BDB-JE, but since its license is evil, JDBM will have to do).

If not... any pointers on how to implement such a provider?

--jason

Re: [commons-vfs] JDBM provider

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Jason!
> Does anyone of a JDBM-based (http://jdbm.sourceforge.net/) VFS provider?
I dont know one. Why wouldnt you start off with a jdbc based provider?
If you put the queries in its own file we can adjust them per database.

> If not... any pointers on how to implement such a provider?
I guess you have to maintain your own datastructure (at least with jdbm)
so maybe the RamFileProvider would be a good strating point. I havent
thought about the very last detail, but maybe the jdbc based solution
might be easier to implement as then you do not really have to have a
internal datastructure.
Then you might be starting with e.g. the SmbFileProvider.

Ciao,
Mario