Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Carl Holm <vp...@earthlink.net> on 2002/12/19 23:46:39 UTC

mod_perl-2 configuration problem

Hello,

After  adding  'LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so'  and  / or
'PerlRequire "C:/Apache2/conf/extra.pl"'
to httpd.conf ,  my Apache (2.0.43) HTTP server  fails. I am using
 mod_perl 1.99_08-dev. Any thought s
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl Holm

Re: mod_perl-2 configuration problem

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Carl Holm wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After  adding  'LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so'  and  / or
> 'PerlRequire "C:/Apache2/conf/extra.pl"'
> to httpd.conf ,  my Apache (2.0.43) HTTP server  fails. I am using
>  mod_perl 1.99_08-dev. Any thought s
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carl Holm

This could be a number of things ... Are there any messages
printed out to the screen or in the error log?

If installing by ppm, did you get a mod_perl-2 package? And did
you get the right one for your Perl version? And did mod_perl.so
install OK in your Apache2 modules directory? See the install
page for Win32 mod_perl-2 at http://perl.apache.org/ for more
details.

--
best regards,
randy kobes

RE: mod_perl-2 configuration problem

Posted by "Beau E. Cox" <be...@beaucox.com>.
Hi -

Some thoughts from a relative newbie who just recently got
ap2/mp2 up and running...

1) How does is fail? Seg fault?

2) Did you add modules to Apache2 during the ap2 ./configure
setp? If so, you may want to re-install it 'naked':

 ./configure --with-mpm=worker (-or- prefork)

After you get it running you can play with adding modules.

3) Which version of Perl? 5.8.0 (I hope)? Did you perl install
'pass' the tests shown in:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Prerequisites

4) You may want to look at my experiences at:

http://beaucox.com/mason/mason-with-apmp2-mini-HOWTO.htm

(ignore the 'mason' part if your not using it).

5) Check that the mod_perl.so in your apache tree is the same as
the moduled in the mod_perl tree
(/your-path-to-modperl-2-package/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.so).

Aloha => Beau.