Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2006/03/31 11:06:17 UTC

[IMP] Code freeze for 2.1.x

As voted recently the code freeze for 2.1.9 starts *now* and hopefully
ends with the release in one week.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: TESTING.txt?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> Le 31 mars 06 à 11:06, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>
>> As voted recently the code freeze for 2.1.9 starts *now* and hopefully
>> ends with the release in one week.
>
> How about adding a TESTING.txt file to document which tests we run
> before the release?
>
> We could use this to note things like "I've successfully run all
> junit and htmlunit tests on macosx 10.4 with JDK1.5.2", informal
> testing notes, which would stay with the release (as it's hard to
> correlate testing info found elsewhere with a given release).
>
> If no one objects I'll create this file in the 2.1.x branch sometime
> next week when I do my usual pre-release testing. Non-committers can
> send their results to our lists and I'll copy them there.

Good idea, thanks Bertrand!

TESTING.txt? (was: [IMP] Code freeze for 2.1.x)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 31 mars 06 à 11:06, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> As voted recently the code freeze for 2.1.9 starts *now* and hopefully
> ends with the release in one week.

How about adding a TESTING.txt file to document which tests we run
before the release?

We could use this to note things like "I've successfully run all
junit and htmlunit tests on macosx 10.4 with JDK1.5.2", informal
testing notes, which would stay with the release (as it's hard to
correlate testing info found elsewhere with a given release).

If no one objects I'll create this file in the 2.1.x branch sometime
next week when I do my usual pre-release testing. Non-committers can
send their results to our lists and I'll copy them there.

-Bertrand

Patch commit request (Sylvain ?)

Posted by Danny Bols <db...@osirion.be>.
Would someone please apply this patch before releasing 2.1.9
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1811

Thanks
--
Danny

Re: [IMP] Code freeze for 2.1.x

Posted by Rob Berens <rb...@osirion.nl>.
Is it possible to include the patches in the jira issues 1808, 1809 and 1811
in the 2.1.9 release?

Rob Berens
Osirion B.V.

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
In case you didn't know, the code freeze doesn't mean you can't check
in. It means you can only fix bugs - preferably those found during
testing of the potential release. So yes, because trunk and the branch
are shared then these rules apply to it as well.

Ralph

Re: [IMP] Code freeze for 2.1.x

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Carsten Ziegeler:

> As voted  recently the  code freeze for  2.1.9 starts  *now* and
> hopefully ends with the release in one week.

I've got a  question: does this code freeze also  affect trunk?  I
just made a slight modification in CForms, and realized that as we
have the same sources for trunk and 2.1, I might have violated the
rule...

Shall I be blamed for that?
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot