Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Giovanni Azua Garcia <br...@me.com> on 2011/10/16 15:12:17 UTC

mm project and surefire plugins

Hello,

I have been trying to setup a new multi-module project and would like to have some reports on unit tests. The problem is that apparently there are two plugins for this:  maven-surefire-plugin and maven-surefire-report-plugin. It is really not clear how to setup them both or how they interact ... I have spent some hours doing trial and error on this, the result is that sometimes I get no surefire report at all and sometimes I get two surefire reports both empty in every project parent and sub-module projects. When generated, the actual reports appear twice within the sub-module reports ...
very confusing.

In an ideal-green-land world I would just need to put one of the two plugins in the build of the _parent_ pom with the aggregate option set to true and I would get a single Surefire report on the report generated for the parent pom. But it doesn't work like this.  Why is it soooo complicated?

TIA,
Best regards,
Giovanni

Re: mm project and surefire plugins

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Monday 17 October 2011 Giovanni Azua wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Oct 17, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Martin Höller wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > This seems to be a problem with the recent maven-surefire-report-plugin
> > and it's new support for the failsafe-maven-plugin.
> >
> > Try using version 2.8 of the maven-surefire-report-plugin. In this
> > version there is no support for the  failsafe-plugin.
>
> Yep! changing from maven-surefire-report-plugin version 2.10 to version
> 2.8 solved the issue!

FYI: I just created a JIRA for this: SUREFIRE-777

- martin

Re: mm project and surefire plugins

Posted by Giovanni Azua <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

On Oct 17, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Martin Höller wrote:

> Hi!
>
> This seems to be a problem with the recent maven-surefire-report-plugin and
> it's new support for the failsafe-maven-plugin.
>
> Try using version 2.8 of the maven-surefire-report-plugin. In this version
> there is no support for the  failsafe-plugin.

Yep! changing from maven-surefire-report-plugin version 2.10 to version 2.8 solved the issue!

Thank you!

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
Hi!

This seems to be a problem with the recent maven-surefire-report-plugin and
it's new support for the failsafe-maven-plugin.

Try using version 2.8 of the maven-surefire-report-plugin. In this version
there is no support for the  failsafe-plugin.

hth,
- martin

Posted by Giovanni Azua <br...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
The m-surefire-p is what executes the unit tests. It is a build plugin.
However, it does produce xml+text reports.
The m-surefire-report-plugin is the reporting plugin used for maven site
generation.
What kind of report are you trying to generate?

/Anders (mobile)