Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Phil <pl...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/12 15:01:58 UTC

Troubleshoot hook script help

I am trying to get an email sent everytime a document is commited.
I have my port-commit hook set to the apache user and I have chmod'ed it to
777 to be sure it can execute.

What I put in the script is basically this

mail -s "commited file" mailemail@address.com < message.txt

If I run this command in the terminal window I can an email. When I commit a
file I do not get an email.

where can I troubleshoot this problem?

Re: Troubleshoot hook script help

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Phil <pl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get an email sent everytime a document is commited.
> I have my port-commit hook set to the apache user and I have chmod'ed it to
> 777 to be sure it can execute.
>
> What I put in the script is basically this
>
> mail -s "commited file" mailemail@address.com < message.txt
>
> If I run this command in the terminal window I can an email. When I commit a
> file I do not get an email.
>
> where can I troubleshoot this problem?

Hooks execute with an empty environment, so there's no $PATH to search
for the mail binary. You also can't be certain of what the current
directory is, to find message.txt.

Try specifying the full path to both mail and message.txt.