Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Kseniya Romanova <ks...@apache.org> on 2021/12/09 21:34:34 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Ignite Non-Code Contributions Recognition Service

Hi, Igniters!

In addition to contributing to Apache Ignite's codebase and documentation,
many of us create blogs, demos, and tutorials and present at conferences
and meetups.

In 2021, Ignite Community members went above and beyond, increasing global
awareness of Ignite in various ways:

   -

   Members presented at dozens of conferences and meetups worldwide,
   delivering more than 40 hours of technical content.
   -

   The Community hosted two virtual events, Ignite Summit and Ignite
   Summit: Cloud Edition, enabling hundreds of attendees from around the world
   to learn from Ignite experts.
   -

   Ignite experts delivered 48 hours of free training sessions to help
   newcomers develop with Ignite.
   -

   Ignite developers spent more than 4,400 hours on YouTube, viewing
   technical content produced by Community members.
   -

   More than 15,000 application developers studied written tutorials about
   Ignite.

Now, we have a service that tracks non-code contributions:
https://recognition.gridgain.com/main?date=this-year

The services recognition widget will be available on the Community page of
the new Ignite website, which is coming soon.

Currently, I am specifying contributions manually, so please contact me if
I missed a contribution that you made in 2021. On your profile page, you
can check your contribution list. To access your profile page, click your
photo in the list of contributors or contributions.

What’s next? Join us for a celebration of our active evangelists. And, look
forward to our open-sourcing the recognition service so that other
communities can benefit from it.

Keep being awesome,

Kseniya

Apache Ignite PMC and DevRel at GridGain