Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Bhavesh Prajapati via dev <de...@cassandra.apache.org> on 2022/07/22 16:29:04 UTC

Grant Read-Only access on Production Cassandra Keyspace

Hi,

There is a requirement to grant Read-Only access to dev team on Production Cassandra Keyspace.

In RDS MySQL, we can leverage Read-Replica so that dev can run queries without causing any performance issue on live database.

How can I grant read-only access on Cassandra keyspace and also ensure that it does not negatively impact performance to live cluster ?

Thanks,
Bhavesh

Re: Grant Read-Only access on Production Cassandra Keyspace

Posted by Guang Zhao <Gu...@globalrelay.net>.
Hi Bhavesh,

In order to control the access to cassandra, you need to enable authentication and authorization in cassandra. However, both are disabled in a10 cassandra, so I don't have much experience on this requirement.

Thanks,

Guang