Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com> on 2003/11/09 00:50:25 UTC

Ant Goal

Hi,

I use Maven to generate an Ant file so people do not need
to install Maven to build a source distribution (those
crazy people :-).  I recently added the 'maven.javadoc.links'
property to my project.properties.  The issue is that when
I generate the Ant file there is no <link> child element of
the <javadoc> element.  I haven't looked at the implementation
of the Ant plugin but I presume it only examines the
project descriptor and not the associated properties file
also.  Is this the case?

Thanks,
-John K

Re: Ant Goal

Posted by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>.
> The Ant plugin is a simplified version of what Maven provides. It
> definitely doesn't do all Maven does, nor does it provide the same
> customisability.

Thats fine.  Thanks for the response dIon.

-John K

> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Blog:      http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/
> Pub Key:http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/public-key.asc
>

> John Keyes <jb...@mac.com> wrote on 10/11/2003 11:25:18 PM:
>
>> Have any maven committers any input on this?
>>
>>> I use Maven to generate an Ant file so people do not need
>>> to install Maven to build a source distribution (those
>>> crazy people :-).  I recently added the 'maven.javadoc.links'
>>> property to my project.properties.  The issue is that when
>>> I generate the Ant file there is no <link> child element of
>>> the <javadoc> element.  I haven't looked at the implementation
>>> of the Ant plugin but I presume it only examines the
>>> project descriptor and not the associated properties file
>>> also.  Is this the case?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -John K

Re: Ant Goal