Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2012/02/01 15:01:39 UTC

[Job] Research Engineer at Lucid Imagination

Research Engineer position

DESCRIPTION
Lucid Imagination, the leading commercial company for Apache Lucene and Solr, is looking for a research engineer to work on building next generation search, analytics and machine learning technologies based on Apache Solr, Mahout, Hadoop and other cutting edge capabilities.    The research engineer position will be practically focused on going beyond the hype of "big data" to produce practical, forward thinking capabilities that enable our customers to solve real problems.

Interested parties should send their resume/profile and evidence of open source activity (github account, ASF patches or other, etc.) to careers@lucidimagination.com.  To learn more about Lucid Imagination, visit http://www.lucidimagination.com.

REQUIREMENTS
      • Strong interest in working on high performance and large scale problems involving structured and unstructured content.
      • Strong linear algebra, statistics or machine learning background
      • Experience with Lucene, Solr, Hadoop and Mahout (or other machine learning libraries)
      • Understanding of debugging and performance testing in a highly concurrent system.
      • Core Java expertise.
      • Experience writing unit tests and working with continuous integration tools.
      • Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
      • Degree in computer science or related field.

EXPERIENCE
5-10 years.

SALARY
Based on experience

LOCATION
Redwood City, California

TRAVEL
Minimal

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [Job] Research Engineer at Lucid Imagination

Posted by Fred Zappert <fz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Grant,

This is most interesting to me as a challenge, and opportunity to make the
cloud provide create new value.

I have attached a copy of my resume.  A significant portion of my career
started in search, when people paid directly for information.

I was responsible for the inbound marketing offer generation platform at
Wells Fargo, integrating the Epiphany engine with internal offer sources.
 Epiphany's model of machine learning, Bayesian Statistics, was extremely
effective, at least when compared to the performance of the central
planning committee for the static display banners of the month club..

I was responsible for a the engineering and support for core platform at
Amazon.com

I look forward to the opportunity to discuss this.

Regards,
Fred.