Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org> on 2012/07/11 07:30:01 UTC

Apache Giraph BOARD report for 7/25 meeting

Status report for the Apache Giraph project - July 2012

Giraph is a Bulk Synchronous Parallel framework for writing programs that
analyze large graphs on a Hadoop cluster. Giraph is similar to Google's
Pregel system.

Project Status
--------------

Releases:
   0.2.0 - expected 7/31
      * Reduce memory consumption
      * Improve support for the Green-Marl project.

The transition to being a full Apache project is nearly complete (still a
few references to incubator on the website).

Community
---------

Activity has picked up on Apache Giraph and more contributors seem to be
gaining interest and we had 24 commits for the month of June.  We should
try to convert some contributors to committers soon.

Mailing lists:
   116 subscribers on dev
   155 subscribers on user