Posted to user@hive.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/22 04:33:57 UTC

I modify the HiveInputFormat.java class, but the content modified don't take effect.

I add one line code in  HiveInputFormat.java class, example:
LOG.info("111111111"), then I package the codes into hive_exec.jar and put
the code in $HIVE_HOME/lib, but the code I add don't take effect, I want to
konw why it don't take effect, whether hadoop cache the hive_exec.jar.

By theway, I use hive-0.4.1 and hadoop-0.19.2.

Thanks,

LiuLei

Re: I modify the HiveInputFormat.java class, but the content modified don't take effect.

Posted by Thiruvel Thirumoolan <th...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Did you change hive-log4j.properties? By default the logging threshold is WARN. You have to change it to INFO.