Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sagara Wijetunga <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/16 17:45:08 UTC

[users@httpd] How to drop port when switching from https to http

Hi all

I have a webmail application. It sends user id and
password to the server using SSL. After that it
switches from https to http and continue.

I have two domains configured using same IP address.
Therefore, one domain I configured using a different
port in the ssl.conf. My problem is when the
application switches from https to http, the port
still remains and there is no VirtualHost to capture
it and ends with a error as follows:
�Bad request!

Your browser (or proxy) sent a request that this
server could not understand.

If you think this is a server error, please contact
the webmaster.

Error 400�

Let me give an example:

1.
https://mail.someDomain.com:55000/cgi-bin/webmail....
2. Get the login page, type user id and password
3. The webmail now switches from https to http
4. The webmail now issue:
http://mail.someDomain.com:55000/cgi-bin/webmail....
5. Bad request! Error 400

How do I drop the port 55000 from the above URL in
step 4 and resubmit to the Apache server?

My httpd.conf and ssl.conf is included below.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Sagara

httpd.conf