Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/31 22:50:39 UTC

org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LifeCycle.State.INITIAL

I'm not all in on the name for this new state. We now have:

INITIAL
INITIALIZED
STARTED
STARTING
STOPPED
STOPPING

Instead of INITIAL, how about NEW or UNINITIALIZED or...?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: AW: org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LifeCycle.State.INITIAL

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 12:29 AM, Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want the naming to be consistent, then why not INITIALIZING?
>
> That gives you
> <state>ING and <state>ED for all states.

I like that Remko! TY.

Done; in Git master.

Gary

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.