Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Tanner <rt...@linfield.edu> on 2004/11/08 20:36:05 UTC

What worke on 4.1.27 fails of 4.1.31

I upgraded my development station to tomcat 4.1.31 from 4.1.27 and from
j2sdk1.4.2_02 to j2sdk1.4.2_06.  The following unchanged snippet now throws a
NoSuchMethodError exception:

   env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, BIND_DN);
   env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, password);
   env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "simple");

   ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);

   session = request.getSession();

   session.setAttribute("sess.context", ctx);
   session.setAttribute("sess.env", env);
   session.setAttribute("sess.uid", uid);
   session.setAttribute("sess.dn", BIND_DN);
   session.setAttribute("sess.valid", "true");

The exception is thrown on the first session.setAttribute() statement (line
110 in the java source).  I have included the top of the stack trace below
(lines wrapped for readability):

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:\
   javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionBindingEvent.<init>\
   (Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpSession;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
at org.apache.catalina.session.\
   StandardSession.setAttribute(StandardSession.java:1231)
at org.apache.catalina.session.\
   StandardSessionFacade.setAttribute(StandardSessionFacade.java:144)
at ClassListAdministrator.doGet(ClassListAdministrator.java:110)

Another much more complex servlet that I moved over but that does not require
the use of sessions works fine, so I think the basic installation is okay.
Any idea why that error's coming up on sessions?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Tanner