Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Fabian Lange <fa...@codecentric.de> on 2017/03/08 22:51:58 UTC

Karaf no longer logs when log line has trailing whitespace

Hi,

when you download the karaf distribution,
then change this log line:

log4j2.rootLogger.level = INFO

so that it ends with a trailing whitespace

then karaf will not log when you start it.

Is that a pax-logging or a karaf bug?

With 4.0.x trailing whitspace was trimmed.

Fabian
--
Fabian Lange | Performance Expert
mobil: +49 (0) 160.3673393

codecentric AG | Hochstraße 11 | 42697 Solingen | Deutschland

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Solingen | HRB 25917| Amtsgericht Wuppertal
Vorstand: Michael Hochgürtel . Mirko Novakovic . Rainer Vehns
Aufsichtsrat: Patric Fedlmeier (Vorsitzender) . Klaus Jäger . Jürgen Schütz

Re: Karaf no longer logs when log line has trailing whitespace

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
That's most likely just how the Properties class handles properties files.
Could you file an issue at log4j?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2/

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Karaf no longer logs when log line has trailing whitespace

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.