Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by indrani gorti <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/16 19:05:37 UTC

Sorting algorithm

Hi

Which is the sorting algorith used in map-reduce to sort the data set in
the shuffling stage i.e after the mapped for each split up of the entire
dataset. I understand that it is merge sort for sure. But is there
modification in the algorithm in specific?  By this I mean more what are
the other details on the algorithm.

Thanks in advance.

Indrani

Re: Sorting algorithm