Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Kübler Frederic <Fr...@swissgrid.ch> on 2015/06/10 16:00:31 UTC

LDAP in Archiva 2.2.0

Hi all,

i try to configure LDP in archiva. When i test it on the serverside i get the message 'Could not connect server'
In the log i found this stacktrace :

caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: mydomain :389
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.authenticate(LdapClient.java:218) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(LdapCtx.java:2740) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.<init>(LdapCtx.java:316) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURL(LdapCtxFactory.java:193) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURLs(LdapCtxFactory.java:211) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getLdapCtxInstance(LdapCtxFactory.java:154) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(LdapCtxFactory.java:84) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
            at org.apache.archiva.redback.common.ldap.connection.DefaultLdapConnection.<init>(DefaultLdapConnection.java:95) ~[redback-common-ldap-2.3.jar:2.3]

Google says, i have to provide the right certificates.

I use archiva at top of tomcat and in the keystore for tomcat 7.0.57 all certificates are available.

So and now i am at the end and i hope you will have a hint for mie

Regards
Freddy

Re: LDAP in Archiva 2.2.0

Posted by Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Freddy,

Am 10.06.2015 um 16:00 schrieb Kübler Frederic:
> Hi all,
>
> i try to configure LDP in archiva. When i test it on the serverside i get the message 'Could not connect server'
> In the log i found this stacktrace :
>
> caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: mydomain :389
> [...]
Is your LDAP server reachable via "mydomain"? Does that hostname resolve?

> Google says, i have to provide the right certificates.
I'd say that is misleading and not applicable here. Is your LDAP server
secured with SSL? Isn't usually port 636 being used for LDAP/S?

Greetings
-Sascha-