Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2020/01/04 19:04:16 UTC

Apache PDFBox Board Report January 2020 due

Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month. It's based upon the report wizard template which can be found at [1]

Any comments are appreciated ...

<draft>

The mission of PDFBox is the creation and maintenance of software related to
Java library for working with PDF documents

## Issues:
There are no issue requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache PDFBox was founded 2009-10-21 (10 years ago)
There are currently 21 committers and 21 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Matthäus Mayer on 2017-10-16.
- No new committers. Last addition was Joerg O. Henne on 2017-10-09.

## Project Activity:
Recent releases:
- 2.0.18 was released on 2019-12-23.
- 3.0.3 JBIG2 was released on 2019-12-18.
- 2.0.17 was released on 2019-09-20.

## Community Health:
- there is a steady stream of contributions, bug reports and questions on the
   mailing lists
- due to Sallys post "Apache in 2019 - By The Digits" Tilman is again among
   the top 5 committers of the year although we are a small community compared
   to other ASF projects, see https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- the improvement of the on demand parser in the trunk is an ongoing effort
   and a base version is nearly done
- there are as well a lot of other refactorings and improvements
- our sonar project was finally moved to the new location

</draft>

Andreas

[1] https://reporter.apache.org/wizard/?pdfbox

Re: Apache PDFBox Board Report January 2020 due

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 04.01.20 um 21:50 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> +1
>
> thanks... consider also adding the (new) usage of Jacoco for code coverage.
> Maybe this could influence other projects in using this. (Unless they already do).
Thanks for the suggestion. I've added a bullet point mentioning Jacoco and
posted the report to the board agenda as proposed

Andreas

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
+1