Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Maru Panda <so...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/21 08:38:10 UTC

Zookeeper connect to a wrong leader

Hi guys

we have 1 zookeeper cluster
On server A, there're 2 zookeepers, port: 2180 ( follower ) and 2181 (
leader )
another one is on server B, port 2181 ( follower )

now we built a new zookeeper cluster on server C
there're 2 zookeepers, port: 2180 ( follower ) and 2181 ( leader )
put 2182 ( follower ) on server B

We found on server B, the new zookeeper 2182 always sync from 2181 which is
on the same server

so, any ideas?

Re: Zookeeper connect to a wrong leader

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Why do you say leader and follower?  Normally all members of a quorum can
take on any role.

Posted by Diego Oliveira <lo...@gmail.com>.
Maru,

    Just one question, is this a production environment? I think it is not
common to put two instances in the same server...

--
Att.
Diego de Oliveira