Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/31 14:50:12 UTC

[QA][Test Report] Weekly Status Update as of 20130531

Hi All,

We continue doing the AOO 4.0 Full Regression test this week, here is the
weekly update (5/28 - 5/31), please find more detail statistics in wiki:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report/WeeklyReport/20130531

*Test execution: *
We have assigned 1732 text executions to about 20 volunteers(4 more this
week), and completed about 43% in execution so far. 35% Mac test executions
have been done compared 0% last week! The target is to %100 attempted 1000
test executions (741 so far) before June 6 providing all volunteers
complete their assignments before that date.

*Defect summary:*
1. 30 defects were opened and 19 defects were resolved this week, so we
have 11 (30-19) net new defects added in the backlog
2. Expose 2 Mac specific defects during quick testing on Mac 10.8 with
64-bit Java, Bug 122418 (fail to display color bar in color dropdown list)
need to set priority as it frustrates user to select color visibly

*Issues & quality highlight:*
1. Encourage volunteers to continue executing test cases in TestLink to
achieve their assignment
2. Redhat is with risk as less testing done on them - inform/remind Linux
test team assignees make progress on this platform
3. Do general use testing on Mac for assessment - no crash/hung/data
lose/open file fail issues, but 2 Mac specific defects discovered, need set
priority for the first one
(1) Bug 122418 -[Mac]Fail to show color or display incorrectly in Color
Dropdown Menu --- Special on Mac
(2) Bug 122420 -Can't Copy and Paste Hyperlink on Mac --- Special on Mac
(3) Bug 122419 -The Second Slide can't apply footer/page number when select
"Don't show first slide" option -- Both on Mac and Win7
(4) Bug 122421 -Shape remain group when change from ungroup to group until
double click shape -- Both on Mac and Win7
4. Critical defects are waiting for fix - need more Dev volunteers to
involve
5. QAs are reminded to make sure to perform all test cases with navigation
and accelerators, and make sure to specify defect numbers in Testlink for
failed test executions
*
Volunteer status: *
1. We have 4 more volunteers joining test executions, all are for Mac
2. No new volunteers(total 6 so far) on defect work, need more to clean
backlog of unconfirmed and resolved defects
*
Plan for next week:*
1. Prioritize critical defects and assign them to Dev volunteers
2. Confirm left ~100 critical defects which are not confirmed yet
3. Achieve the target (June 6) to complete 1000 test executions in AOO 4.0
Full Regression test with the support from volunteers

Thanks you all for effort this week, it is a great community here, if we do
a little bit more then we will get an awesome achievement. Thanks!!

Regards,
Yu Zhen

Re: [QA][Test Report] Weekly Status Update as of 20130531

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Liu Ping <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,Yuzhen Kay
>

> According final suggestion ,I create a shared query condition and limit
> Issue Type = DEFECT
>
> here's a link to the query and already upload QA weekly report in  wiki (
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report/WeeklyReport/20130531)
>

> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=NeedConfirm_DEFECT&sharer_id=249289

Great! thanks...this is probably more what  we need.

I have been working on "confirmation" for some old reports -- older than
2010.

At this point, "confirmation" is really very difficult for many of them
given the old versions, etc. And many have to do with the user's own, very
specialized setup -- printers, etc.

Thanks for this new query.

Posted by Liu Ping <do...@gmail.com>.
hi,Yuzhen Kay