Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martijn van der Kleijn <ma...@vanderkleijn.net> on 2005/12/13 17:55:35 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError JSX.Test14 since yum update

Hi All,

I'm running Fedora Core 4 on a server of mine and had it install both java and Tomcat 5 aswell. I integrated the entire thing with Apache 2 using mod_jk and it all worked like a charm. I had my application up and running in no time.

A couple of days ago, yum apparently did an update on my system which somehow broke my Tomcat 5 installation. All of the example stuff from Tomcat still works, however whenever I try to access my web application, I get the exception below.

I tried looking at various FAQ's for both Fedora and Tomcat. I also looked at a number of (initially) promising forum posts on various sites. I also Googled in a number of ways, including mentioning the exception. This all turned up fruitless... I really don't understand what is going on and am now getting the feeling that I'm missing something (obvious even perhaps) just by having looked at the problem for too long.

Anyway, here's the exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: while resolving class: JSX.Test14
   java.lang.VMClassLoader.transformException(java.lang.Class, java.lang.Throwable) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   java.lang.VMClassLoader.resolveClass(java.lang.Class) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   java.lang.Class.initializeClass() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean, java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   JSX.Magic14.Magic14() (Unknown Source)
   JSX.MagicClass.<clinit>() (Unknown Source)
<snip>

As far as I've been able to judge, the whole system seems fine for the rest.

Yours, Martijn
-----