Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by liuxiaoxian <li...@panguso.com> on 2013/04/27 09:15:48 UTC

install thrift 0.9.0 with python 2.7.4

Hi,
I'm a newer to Thrift.I can install thrift 0.8.0 on my Centos 5.6 with python 2.4.3 successfully, however, when I install the latest thrift 0.9.0 on my Centos 5.6 with python 2.7.4, the configure script outputs one error:
....Python-2.7.4 version >= 2.4... configure:error:too old.
Dear, how can I solve the problem? thanks!

liu xiaoxian from beijing, china.
Panguso,Inc.

2013-04-27

RE: install thrift 0.9.0 with python 2.7.4

Posted by "Napolitano, Diane" <dn...@ets.org>.
Hmm, can you provide additional information?

CentOS's shtick is based on being several versions behind most versions of Linux in a lot of ways, similar to Debian's stable branch.  Can you confirm that Python 2.7.4 works?  You might be missing the latest version of some Python package or other.

- Diane