Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com> on 2001/05/15 22:27:08 UTC

cutting a 2.2 release

I would like to work on a 2.2 release ASAP. Matt has volunteered
to take over the release manager role and I will help with docs
and other stuff. Matt's going to post a list of things that we
know have to be done soon. If there are things you'd like to have
done before 2.2 is cut speak now or hold your peace forever. If
there are any posted bugs or patches that haven't been incorporated
please point them out ..

If there are any strong objections to cutting a 2.2 release please
raise them now.

Thanks,

Sanjiva.

RE: cutting a 2.2 release

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Glen,

This is a good idea. I have some ANT-script to do this already, I will add
it to the build file.

Thanks,
-Matt

Re: cutting a 2.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com>.
Actually, I think (2) is the way to go.  The actual .war file is, as you say,
redundant - and a) it's super-easy to generate ("jar cf ../soap.war *"), and b)
most app-servers (I know JRun, Tomcat, and WebLogic at least can all do this)
will happily let you deploy from a directory as well as a .war file.

My point was just that it's important to get the samples into WEB-INF/classes,
and the soap.jar into WEB-INF/lib, so we can avoid all the nasty classpath
changes.

--Glen

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Glen,