Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark McCulligh <mm...@visualtech.ca> on 2003/01/13 14:51:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Name-based Virtual Hosting Problem

I have been trying to get name-based Virtual Hosting working but I have an
interesting problem.
I have setup my conf something like this:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.192.100
NameVirtualHost 192.168.192.101

<VirtualHost 192.168.192.100>
   ServerName           www.test.com
   DocumentRoot         /usr/isp/site1/www-site1
   DirectoryIndex       index.php index.html index.htm
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.192.100>
   ServerName           site2.test.com
   DocumentRoot         /usr/isp/site2/www-site2
   DirectoryIndex       index.php index.html index.htm
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.192.101>
   ServerName           site3.test.com
   DocumentRoot         /usr/isp/site3/www-site3
   DirectoryIndex       index.php index.html index.htm
</VirtualHost>

The IP-based hosting works fine, but the two sites that share IP
192.168.192.100 don't work right.  If you are on site2.test.com you will
sometime get pages from www.test.com.  Example: If you keep hiting the
refresh button on the index page you not know what page yoo will get,
sometime the index page from site2 and sometimes from site1.  Also a couple
times when I was on www.test.com I get pages from site2 instead.

It is like apache is randoming picking from the two sites.

I am using apache 1.3.27

Does anyone have any ideas?
Mark.

Re: [users@httpd] Name-based Virtual Hosting Problem

Posted by Mark McCulligh <mm...@visualtech.ca>.
I will remove them and try it again.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Mark McCulligh <mm...@visualtech.ca>.
Here is all the modules I used in my ApacheTollBox install. Could have I not
used some of these modules. I didn't know which ones I needed.
                       Apache Toolbox 1.5.63
             Support: http://www.apachetoolbox.com
[+] 0) Modules as DSO's
[+] 2) mod_access
[+] 3) mod_asis
[+] 5) mod_autoindex
[+] 8) mod_imap
[+] 10) mod_mime
[+] 11) mod_negotiation
[+] 12) mod_setenvif
[+] 13) mod_status
[+] 15) mod_actions
[+] 16) mod_auth
[+] 19) mod_dir
[+] 21) mod_include
[+] 22) mod_log_config
[+] 26) mod_vhost_alias
[+] 27) mod_alias
[+] 30) mod_cgi
[+] 31) mod_env
[+] 38) mod_userdir

[+] 1) GD 2.0.1
[+] 5) Mod_SSL+OpenSSL
[+] 10) -Frontpage 2002
[+] 12) -Mod DynaVHost
[+] 16) -Mod Bandwidth
[+] 18) -Mod Auth LDAP

Mark McCulligh, Application Developer / Analyst
Sykes Canada Corporation www.SykesCanada.com
(888)225-6824 ex. 3262
mmcculli@SykesCanada.com

Posted by Mark McCulligh <mm...@visualtech.ca>.
I used apachetoolbox to install my apache/php/mysql on a redhat 7.3 machine.
I don't think the modules are broken.  I am new to apache/linux and used
appachetoolbox because it made for an easy install.

Mark.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.