Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Ethan Li <et...@apache.org> on 2021/09/29 17:33:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Storm 2.1.1 (rc1)

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Storm 2.1.1 (rc1)

Full list of changes in this release:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-2.1.1-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

The tag/commit to be voted upon is v2.1.1:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=commit;h=c5009d993ee049cd0b7c3fe0dad2fc8f700ddb5f

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-2.1.1-rc1/apache-storm-2.1.1-src.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-2.1.1-rc1/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

https://www.apache.org/dist/storm/KEYS

The Nexus staging repository for this release is:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestorm-1098

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Storm 2.1.1.

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Storm 2.1.1
[ ]  0 No opinion

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 2.1.1 (rc1)

Posted by Kishor Patil <ki...@apache.org>.
+1.
verified distribution files,
built from source and unit tests passed.
launched cluster and tested UI and basic topology functionality.

-Kishor

Posted by Ethan Li <et...@gmail.com>.
I am closing the vote with 4 binding +1s and zero 0/-1 votes.

The binding votes are as follows:

  1. Kishor Patil
  2. Bipin Prasad
  3. Aaron Gresch
  4. Rui Li

I will complete the rest of the 2.1.1 release shortly.

Thank you everyone for participating and your valuable feedback.

Best,
Ethan

Posted by Rui Li <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Aaron Gresch <ag...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bipin Prasad <bi...@apache.org>.
+1

One test failure (due to difficulty in setting up "python-2.7" with "mock" because of its End-Of-Life)
can be ignored.