Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Morten Andersen <mo...@mip.sdu.dk> on 2003/09/16 16:14:08 UTC

Using ParameterMap throws ClassCastException

I am using the ParameterMap in request in an authentication mechanism.
Therefore I need to do the following:

add a mapping of parameters to the request.getParameter(). I do the following:

import org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap;

           System.out.println("ParameterMap is a: "+
request.getParameterMap().getClass().getName());
             try{
                 ParameterMap map = (ParameterMap)request.getParameterMap();
                 map.setLocked(false);
                 map.putAll(values.getParameterMap());
                 map.setLocked(true);
             }catch(Exception e){
                 e.printStackTrace();
             }

This gives the following output:
ParameterMap is a org.apache.catalina.util.ParameterMap
And a ClassCastException in this line:
             ParameterMap map = (ParameterMap)request.getParameterMap();

So it seems that they reference to two different class-definitions, but I
am using the same catalina.jar everywhere. (included it in the WEB-INF/lib dir)

If I put catalina.jar in the WEB-INF/lib dir, then the above error is
reported, else a ClassNotFoundException is thrown.

I'm using tomcat-4.1 and found the class in the catalina.jar file. Where
else is it?

Thanks

Morten Andersen
Master of applied mathematics and computer science
Research assistant (in e-learning)

The Maersk Institute of Production technology at Southern Danish University
www.mip.sdu.dk
Campusvej 55
DK-5230 Odense M
Denmark