Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Laurent Eskenazi <le...@mail.inforama.fr> on 2000/03/14 00:27:41 UTC

CR LF problem

Hi!

I'm having trouble with CR LF in Cocoon. When Cocoon encounters the two CR
LF characters, it inserts 2 return, and not only one as I thought. To
understand this, you can try this test:

test.xml:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page>
A&#10;&#13;B
</page>

(&#10; is the code for 0XD, CR and &#13; is the code for 0XA, LF)

test.xml result when processed by cocoon:
                      "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
<page>

</page>

<!-- This page was served from cache in 1 milliseconds by Cocoon 1.7 -->

My problem is that I thought there would be only one return between "A" and
"B" and that the result would be like that:

<page>
</page>

I don't understand why cocoon doesn't process the file like this...can
somebody explain this ?

Thanks

Laurent

PS: I'm using : Linux 2.2, IBM JDK 1.1.8, Cocoon 1.7, Xerces 1.03  Xalan
0.20