Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ing. Diego Trombetta" <d....@mbm.it> on 2007/09/12 11:23:34 UTC

Tomcat lost requests/logs

	I'm working with Tomcat 5.5.23.
	The users are complaining that they need to log in a lot of
times during the day,
	therefore I took a look at logs and, to my surprise, I found out
that there are missing requests!
	What I mean is that on the logs I can read something like:

	 10-set-2007 10.18.44 INFO:  [MyApp/MyServlet] "My Message"
(user)

	 10-set-2007 10.27.56 INFO:  [MyApp/MyServlet] "My Message"
(user)

	while the users performed 3 requests (e.g. at 10.18, at 10.21
and at 10.18)!!!!
	And I'm sure he did because he updated DB tables and I can see
the "last update time" in those tables.

	Therefore my servlet processed all the requests, but tomcat
somehow logged only two of them.

	This behaviour on one hand makes me loose important logging
informations,
	on the other hand make the session expire sooner than what they
should!!!

	Any suggestions about it?
	What can I do to monitor what's going on there?

R: Tomcat lost requests/logs

Posted by "Ing. Diego Trombetta" <d....@mbm.it>.
There is only one application server running.

The logs described are just an example: my logs are more datailed.
I print out also informations about the method, the parameters of the request and so on,
therefore I can discriminate which request has updated the DB. And I can be sure that
the server and the DB have the same timezone.

The session timeout is 20 minutes, but the session expires sooner than that.
The user performes 3 requests (e.g. at 10.18, at 10.27 and at 10.40) and
at the 3rd he needs to relogin!

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.

--
http://www.noooxml.org/