Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Morley Howell <mo...@orbiscommunications.com> on 2004/08/12 15:04:34 UTC

JSPReader + JSTL import locking up Tomcat

Hi all,

I'm using the JSPReader to execute a JSP page that uses the JSTL. If I use a
c:import tag in the JSP file with a relative URL, Tomcat spikes to 100% CPU
usage, consumes all available memory, and never returns a page. The exact
same page executed by Tomcat itself works just fine. Absolute URLs also seem
to work fine. The same behaviour also occurs with the JSPGenerator.

Has anybody else seen this or know what could be causing this? Perhaps this
is a new bug?

Version info:

OS: W2K
Tomcat: 4.1.29
Cocoon: 2.1.5
JSTL: Jakarta 1.0.6

Thanks,

Morley Howell
Orbis Communications Inc.

Re: JSPReader + JSTL import locking up Tomcat

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 12.08.2004 15:04, Morley Howell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using the JSPReader to execute a JSP page that uses the JSTL. If I use a
> c:import tag in the JSP file with a relative URL, Tomcat spikes to 100% CPU
> usage, consumes all available memory, and never returns a page. The exact
> same page executed by Tomcat itself works just fine. Absolute URLs also seem
> to work fine. The same behaviour also occurs with the JSPGenerator.
>
> Has anybody else seen this or know what could be causing this? Perhaps this
> is a new bug?

The usage of jsp includes and forwards does not work when using
JSPReader or JSPGenerator - this is a known limitation. But it should
not lock Tomcat, just to path resolving should fail.

Joerg