Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@wso2.com> on 2008/06/30 05:12:00 UTC

Including the services schema in the distribution

Hi,
I'm working on the two eclipse plugins in the axis2 code base. In the
eclipse service wizard archive plugin i need to validate the user given
services.xml file. for this i need the services.xsd to perform a schema
validation. This file is located in the project axis2-kernal, but it is
not accessible from the plugin since it is not a part of the plugin
project. and the services.xsd is not available in the axis2 distro.
Since i need to validate the xml, using schema validation only thing I
can do is to add the xsd file as a resource to the plugin project. If
anyone else know a better way to get hold of the services schema i'm
grateful for your ideas.
I'm also wondering wouldn't it be better to have the services schema
shipped with the axis2 ditribution itself. WDYT?

Thanx in advance,
Saminda Wijeratne

Re: Including the services schema in the distribution

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@wso2.com>.
Yes, but what i meant is at the runtime (i.e. after the plugin is
deployed) i need the schema. I'm asking this because i'm not sure
whether it is ok to include the schema in the plugin project unless it
can be obtainable from someplace else while the plugin is being used by
eclipse.

Thanks
Saminda Wijeratne

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.