Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ashutosh pangasa <as...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/17 09:51:40 UTC

Regarding a Multi user environment

I have set up hadoop for a multi user environment. Different users are able
to submit map reduce jobs on a cluster.

What i am trying to do is to see if different users can start or stop the
cluster as well.

Is it possible in hadoop . if yes, how can we do it

Re: Regarding a Multi user environment

Posted by alo alt <wg...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

if I understood correctly, you want other users than root can stop /
start an entire cluster?
Its possible via sudoers (visudo). Create a group, insert the users
(must be exists on the system) and give the right to run bin/start.sh
and bin/stop.sh.

hope it helps,
 - Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

P Think of the environment: please don't print this email unless you
really need to.