Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by sanjeet rath <ra...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/07 16:48:49 UTC

Redshift driver class is not working dbcpconnectionpool for 1.16.1 version

Hi ,

I am seeing one different behaviour of dbcpconnectionpool service in 1.16.1
version of nifi.

I am passing the Database driver class name  : Jdbc.redshift.RedshiftDriver
And DB connection URL. I am passing the required name & pwd and other
things.
Driver path i am not passing anything.

With these values I am seeing no error in 1.12.1  version of nofi , however
in 1.16.1 i am seeing “Driver class jdbc.redshift.redshift.redshift not
found.” Screenshot is attached for your reference.

Could you please let me know this behaviour is due to some change in 1.16.1
as the same controller with the same config 1.12.1 no issue .

Also please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Sanjeet

Re: Redshift driver class is not working dbcpconnectionpool for 1.16.1 version

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Sanjeet,

I'm not really sure why that configuration worked before with no
Driver Location property set, did you put the driver in NiFi's lib/
directory? In general we discourage that and instead recommend you put
the driver JAR(s) somewhere else and use the Driver Location property
to point at it.

Regards,
Matt

Posted by sanjeet rath <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Any updates on  the trailed  mail is really helpful.

Thanks & Regards
Sanjeet

On Tue, 7 Jun 2022 at 10:18 PM, sanjeet rath <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am seeing one different behaviour of dbcpconnectionpool service in
> 1.16.1 version of nifi.
>
> I am passing the Database driver class name  : Jdbc.redshift.RedshiftDriver
> And DB connection URL. I am passing the required name & pwd and other
> things.
> Driver path i am not passing anything.
>
> With these values I am seeing no error in 1.12.1  version of nofi ,
> however in 1.16.1 i am seeing “Driver class jdbc.redshift.redshift.redshift
> not found.” Screenshot is attached for your reference.
>
> Could you please let me know this behaviour is due to some change in
> 1.16.1 as the same controller with the same config 1.12.1 no issue .
>
> Also please let me know how to solve this issue.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Sanjeet
>

> --
Sanjeet Kumar Rath,
mob- +91 8777577470

Re: Redshift driver class is not working dbcpconnectionpool for 1.16.1 version

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Sanjeet,

For the Driver class name, based on Amazon’s documentation [1], you should use:
com.amazon.redshift.jdbc.Driver

You will need to provide the driver, also, and include the full path name in the Driver path property. JDBC Drivers are not included with NiFi due to both the fact that it would take up a lot of space, and the fact that there are typically licensing issues that prevent us from bundling them.

I’m not sure how your 1.12 is configured, but it doesn’t make sense that it would work without both of these properties properly configured.

[1] https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/mgmt/jdbc20-register-driver-class.html