Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2007/12/20 19:03:20 UTC

Setting debugging level of your job

Is there a way to set the log4j debug level of your job?  I looked at
the JobConf interface and found setQuietMode(), which seemed like it
would set the debug level high (though how high isn't clear).  Is there
a way to explicitly set it to info, or debug?

Alan.

RE: Setting debugging level of your job

Posted by dhruba Borthakur <dh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
The setQuietMode method in Configuration (and inherited by JobConf) is
used only to set the logging level of the Configuration class. If you
set it, then any errors while loading the Configuration will be printed
out. This variable has nothing to with the logging level of your
map-reduce job.

Thanks,
dhruba