Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Juan Damasceno <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/07 13:26:41 UTC

Handling exceptions in a custom result

I need to do something like:

    public void execute(ActionInvocation invocation) throws Exception {
        try {
           // Some operations
        } catch (Exception e) {
           //Send user to a error page
        }
    }

Any idea?

Re: Handling exceptions in a custom result

Posted by Vinod Singh <vi...@agreeya.com>.
To do have a similar behavior I have extended ServletDispatcherResult
and overridden doExecute(...)-

    @Override
    public void doExecute(String finalLocation, ActionInvocation
invocation) throws Exception {
        try {
            // some operation
        } catch (Exception e) {
           super.doExecute("error page path", invocation);
        }

Thanks,

Vinod

Posted by Juan Damasceno <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply Vinod, but my class is a Result not a action.

public class CustomResult implements Result {
    public void execute(ActionInvocation invocation) throws Exception {
        try {
            // Some operations
        } catch (Exception e) {
            //Send user to a error page
        }
    }
}

On 8/7/07, Vinod Singh <vi...@agreeya.com> wrote:

> Do something like below-
>
> <action ...>
>    <result name="error">path_to_error.jsp</result>
> </action>
>
>     public void execute(ActionInvocation invocation) throws Exception {
>         try {
>            // Some operations
>         } catch (Exception e) {
>            //Send user to a error page
>            return "error";
>         }
>     }
> Vinod

______________

Juan Damasceno
______________

Posted by Juan Damasceno <ju...@gmail.com>.
It doesn´t works, the Result is executed after the Interceptors

On 8/7/07, Thorsten Schäfer <sc...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> > I need to do something like:
> >
> >     public void execute(ActionInvocation invocation) throws
> > Exception {
> >         try {
> >            // Some operations
> >         } catch (Exception e) {
> >            //Send user to a error page
> >         }
> >     }
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> You could write an interceptor that manages exception handling.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thorsten

Juan Damasceno

Posted by Thorsten Schäfer <sc...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.