Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2011/07/13 05:55:44 UTC

Edit for your book Lars. WAS --> Re: A question about zookeeper.session.timeout

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 8:50 PM, Gaojinchao <ga...@huawei.com> wrote:
> In hbase book, It recommends the zookeeper.session.timeout is default 60s.  but, the default value is configured for 18000 in Hbase-default.xml.
>
> Should we modify the Hbase-default.xml or book ?

The book.
St.Ack

Re: Edit for your book Lars. WAS --> Re: A question about zookeeper.session.timeout

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
We also figured that you MUST set the maxSessionTimeout to the same value
when using a stand alone ZooKeeper ensemble. The managed is fine, but the
stand alone without that extra option in the zoo.cfg will negotiate the
timeout to be a maximum of 20 x tickTime, so 40-60 seconds. In that case the
3 minutes value set in the hbase-default.xml is useless.

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jg...@fb.com>.