Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bjoern Wuest <bj...@gmx.net> on 2003/05/02 11:10:08 UTC

Getting JavaClass from class instance

Hello All

I am working on a runtime wrapper for object instances. While I get
everything working with classes available on secondary storage (file
system), I have problems to use the mechanism on wrapper objects created
in memory and now wrapped a second time.
To solve this, I would require a method looking like:

public JavaClass convert(Class MyClassInstance);

Unfortunately, I could not find some similar method. The only think I
found was the ClassLoaderRepository (CLR) of BCEL. However, this
mechanism does not work. The CLR will use the filesystem where the class
is not available since it is purely "in-memory".

Thanks for tips
  Bjoern

Re: Getting JavaClass from class instance

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.
I think it is no way to implement this with standard java API or custom
ClassLoder,
classes like java.lang.reflect.Proxy call native methods to define class,
use JNI hooks if possible.

Posted by Bjoern Wuest <bj...@gmx.net>.
Hello All

I oversee a possibility with the ClassLoaderRepository. Now I am able to
get an instance of JavaClass for "in-memory" created objects (classes).
Currently I am fighting with the constructor (telling me something about
wrong arguments) but I am quite sure to fix this problem, too.

Regards
  Bjoern