Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Graham Charters <gc...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/19 14:24:11 UTC

Problem building Aries

Hi,

I'm trying to build Aries from trunk and it's complaining about the
following, which I think must be related to the releases that are in
flight....   Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be
appreciated

Downloading: https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group/org/apache/aries/eba-maven
-plugin/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/eba-maven-plugin-1.0.0-20120714.033233-39.jar
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Error transferring file: RSA premaster secret error
  org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0.0-20120714.033233-39

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache.snapshots
(https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group)

Regards, Graham.

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.
Ach,, yes, you're right. I just found them. Some of the samples define
their own version for eba-maven-plugin, instead of using the version
property defined in the samples pom. I'll fix.

Normally you wouldn't need to have built eva-maven-plugin
1.0.0-SNAPSHOT to be able to depend on it, but Nexus clears out the
deployed snapshots once it's mirrored a release, so then anything
depending on the snapshots breaks (if its maven repo is clean).

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mn...@apache.org>.
Hi Holly,
Thank you for your help and comments. I'm making some progress but it's
still not building cleanly.

proxy/proxy-bundle/pom.xml includes a dependency on org.apache.aries.proxy.impl
at version 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT, but org.apache.aries.proxy.impl builds at 1.0.1-
SNAPSHOT.

Do you have anything in the works that would move the dependency to 1.0.0,
or 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT ? If not I'll try putting a change in on Monday. Many
thanks again.

Regards,
Mark

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mn...@apache.org>.

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mn...@apache.org>.

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by mark <mp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Holly,

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mn...@apache.org>.
Hi Holly,

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Graham Charters <gc...@gmail.com>.
I think it may be a problem with the snapshots repository:

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.apache.aries:eba-maven-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT' could

Re: Problem building Aries

Posted by Emily Jiang <em...@googlemail.com>.

--
Thanks