Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/30 04:03:33 UTC

Please welcome our newest committer and PPMC member, Sebastian!

Folks, I'm excited to announce that the Giraph PPMC has voted
Sebastian Schelter as a committer and PPMC member.  Sebastian has
jumped right int, contributing great patches, such as the recent
implementation of the HCC algorithm for identifying all connected
components of a graph (GIRAPH-115) and also publicizing the project
(for example, his recent blog post: Why Apache Giraph is More Than A
Graph Processing System
http://ssc.io/why-apache-giraph-is-more-than-a-graph-processing-system/).

I'm ecstatic at how quickly the Giraph community is developing, from
all around the world, with contributions from both industry and
academia.  For me, this is what creating software in Apache is all
about.  Happy holidays and here's to a great 2011, Giraphing all the
way.

-Jakob

Re: Please welcome our newest committer and PPMC member, Sebastian!

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.
Welcome to Sebastian,

congratulations a keep up the great work! Nice to have another PhD
student around... ;)

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: Please welcome our newest committer and PPMC member, Sebastian!

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.
Welcome to Sebastian,

--
   Claudio Martella