Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Max Lynch <ma...@drifty.com> on 2014/04/10 16:51:36 UTC

Just saying Hi

Hey Cordova Devs,

I'm one of the creators of the Ionic Framework (http://ionicframework.com/)
which is an OSS mobile dev framework running on Cordova and using AngularJS.

We are starting to get more active in building open source Cordova plugins,
and I'm excited to be more a part of the Cordova community going forward.
We've got a few plugins in the works we plan on releasing over the coming
weeks/months.

That's all I have, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully connect
with a few of you as we start to get deeper into Cordova development.

--
Max Lynch
CTO of Drifty

Re: Just saying Hi

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Max Lynch <ma...@drifty.com> wrote:
>
>> Yep, we fixed the weather demo: https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-weather
>>
>> For the cli tool, I definitely agree it's not optimal. The reason we went
>> with it is we are going to have backend services and tools that require
>> authentication (similar to PhoneGap Build I believe), so I wasn't sure how
>> to get that custom behavior without building a wrapper tool. Things like
>> "ionic build" which farms out a build for iOS and Android on our build
>> server instead of needing to have a Mac, for example.
>>

> This makes sense.  Sounds like sticking to a CLI will be the least
> confusing for your users.  But if you could make a clean separation between
> using these features, and just the framework, that would be awesome for
> many of us who really do want to use your stuff.
>

>> In terms of the cordova cli changes, I think --from-git would be very
>> helpful. What would the expected form of the repo be? Just the www assets,
>> or a whole project shell? The former I think is easier to deal with when
>> it
>> comes to different Cordova versions.
>>

> The former.  Format is exactly as the target format for
> --link-to/--copy-from: a folder containing www/ merges/ and config.xml (but
> not platforms/ and plugins/).

Also hooks/.  For cca, this is basically what we do: have a pre-prepare
hook that parses your application manifest to automatically install the
right cordova plugins.  You could do this today too, ship the ionic
boilerplate app with a pre-prepare hook to install the right plugins.

Re: Just saying Hi

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Re: Just saying Hi

Posted by Max Lynch <ma...@drifty.com>.

--
Max Lynch
Co-founder of Drifty

Re: Just saying Hi

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Re: Just saying Hi

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
iOS 6+ is fine (98+% use iOS6+).  For android, we're pinning our hopes on
bundling intel xrosswalk to replace old android webview (and to get access
to features like getUserMedia) back to Android 4.0.

Re: Just saying Hi

Posted by Max Lynch <ma...@drifty.com>.
Thanks Sebastien :)

--